CONNECTING WITH EMPLOYERS ON CAMPUS
Employers typically come to campus to attend career events, host information sessions or meet and greets, and to conduct interviews on campus. These visits usually take place between September and April, and October and February are peak interviewing times. Be sure you don’t miss your dream employer’s deadlines..
Face-to-face interacations with an employer can help you build rapport with them and allows the employer to put a face to your resume.
Employer visits are posted in OrangeLink; be sure to check frequently, because visits can be scheduled at any time.
In addition to having job and internship opportunities, OrangeLink is available to help you connect with employers. It is the place where you can find most employer visits to campus for interviewing, meet & greets, or events.
Log onto MySlice > Scroll to Career Services > Click OrangeLink
WHY USE ORANGELINK?
- There are 6,000+ national and international internship and job postings annually.
- It is the main resource for employers to share internship and job opportunities at Syracuse University.
- You can learn about on-campus interviewing announcements and the online resume application processes coordinated through our office.
- Orangelinke allows you to register for employer presentations and information sessions.
- Gain information about career fairs, workshops, and other career-related events by returning to it often.
- Access “Going Global,” a resource for applying and working abroad.
- Use Career Explorer to research a career or industry’s outlook and projected growth.
TIPS FOR USING ORANGELINK
Use Advanced Search under the Jobs/Internships tab to find specific positions, which will help you narrow down your search results to find the most relevant opportunities.
Keep your search simple. The more fields you enter data into, the fewer results you will find.
Set up a Search Agent to automatically e-mail you about jobs or internships in your desired industry or location.
Click Add to Favorites to save an employer or internship posting. It will be viewable on the lefthand side.
Attend OrangeLink 101 Workshops. Check careerservices.syr.edu or OrangeLink for dates and times.
Check your e-mail for the OrangeLink Weekly Update, featuring what’s new in OrangeLink, upcoming events, deadlines, and internship and job leads.
INFORMATION SESSIONS AND MEET & GREETS
Employers often hold information sessions, also called meet and greets, on campus to give students a chance to learn about the organization and to ask general questions. Usually the info session will be connected to an on-campus interviewing visit, but that doesn't mean you can’t attend if you don’t have an interview set up. Information sessions are a great chance for students to learn about different organizations as early as their first year.
If you have been selected for an interview, we strongly recommend that you attend. You may learn some helpful information to use in your interview. It also shows that you’re very interested.
Information sessions are listed in OrangeLink and on our website.