Internships are available throughout the year and can be pursued as early as freshman year. Internships
- Are a great way to explore career fields, especially if you are still unsure of your major or career path;
- Help you to develop new skills or enhance existing ones (this hands-on-experience sharpens those skills);
- Provide an opportunity to link classroom learning to practical applications in the workplace;
- Have the possibility of converting into a full-time opportunity, because many employers recruit entry-level hires from their internship pool;
- Serve as resume builders for when applying to graduate schools, more-competitive internships, and full-time opportunities.