TOP 10 SKILLS EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR
The skills listed below are necessary to help you be competitive when applying for internship and job opportunities, as well as graduate school. Evaluate your skills and qualities, identify your strengths and areas of growth, and establish a plan to continue to further develop these critical assets.
- Working in a team structure
- Making decisions and solve problems
- Communicating with persons inside and outside the organization
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Obtaining and processing
- Analyzing quantitative data
- Using technical knowledge related to the job
- Demonstrating proficiency with computer software programs
- Creating and editing written reports
- Selling to and influencing others
Adapted from The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) 2015 Job Outlook
No matter what your major is or was, your Syracuse University education has helped you hone many of the skills and qualities on this list. Now you just have to demonstrate that you have those skills through your cover letter, resume and interview.