CAREER FAIR INFORMATIONSyracuse University is home to 21,492 undergraduate, graduate and law students. Our student population represents all 50 states and 123 countries. Minority students represent 25.6% of the total student population and students can study more than 200 different majors. The staff at Syracuse University Career Services is eager to help you build your on-campus visibility for your company or organization.
(Click on a topic below for more details.)
Fall 2015 Fees
Basic Registration - $500
- Basic Registration covers 2 representatives with 1 table/booth and lunch.
Nonprofit/Government Registration - $250
- Nonprofit/Government Registration covers 2 representatives with 1 table/booth and lunch.
Blue Sponsor Registration - $1,500
Blue Level sponsorship is available to multiple employers. Deadline for sponsorship is August 28th.
- Registration fee waived for career fair
- Two (2) additional representatives may attend career fair and luncheon
- Recognition as Blue Level sponsor on all career fair marketing materials
- Special recognition as Blue Level sponsor at career fair booth
- Up to 2 additional rooms on Interview Blitz Day
For additional sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sue Casson at email@example.com or 315.443.9083.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2015 – 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Carrier Dome
- Cross Campus Career Fair
- This interactive event prepares students from diverse identities to succeed in an increasingly complex global marketplace.
- A networking reception with students highlight this semester’s event.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2015 – 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Carrier Dome
- No charge to attend.
Interview Blitz Day
- Interview students the day(s) after the fair.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – 235 Schine Student Center (Career Services)
- Thursday, October 1, 2015 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – 235 Schine Student Center (Career Services)
- This event is only for employers attending the career fairs.
- Registrations submitted after September 18, 2015 will will not be in the printed directory. After this date, employer profiles will be viewable by students online only and will not appear in the printed Career Fair Directory. Register via OrangeLink, or cut and paste the following website into your browser: https://syr-csm.symplicity.com/events/fall15
- Cancellations before August 1, 2015, will be refunded the full registration fee.
- Cancellatons between August 2, 2015 and September 15, 2015, will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee.
- Cancellations after September 16, 2015 and September 28, 2015, there will be no refund.
- If an organization no shows for the event, there will be no refund.
Student attendance at the Syracuse University Career Fair varies each year.
YEAR ATTENDANCE (Spring) Students Employers 2015 738 86 2014 832 66 2013 805 66 2012 912 73 2011 934 79 2010 1197 67 2009 1497 87 2008 1270 125 YEAR ATTENDANCE (Fall) Students Employers 2014 1523 106 2013 1178 97 2012 1475 101 2011 1394 119 2010 2116 106 2009 2118 90 2008 2318 145
- Carrier Dome GPS Address - 900 Irving Avenue, Syracuse NY 13244
- The Carrier Dome is a 49,262-seat sports stadium located on the campus of Syracuse University. It is the only domed stadium in the Northeast, and is the largest structure of its kind on a college campus in the country.
- The career fair takes place on the turf of the football field and lunch is served in Club 4.4, which offers a unique atmosphere similar to a chic New York City night club.
- Booth Size
- Your space at the career fair allows room for a floor display no more than 8' in length. A 3'x6' table, tablecloth, and 2 chairs are provided.
- There is limited access to electrical outlets in the facility so we encourage you to indicate that you need electricity on your registration form. There is a $50 fee for this.
- Network Connections
- Wireless service is available in the Carrier Dome at no charge.
- Set Up
- Recruiters are responsible for unpacking and set up of their own materials, as well as repacking after the Career Fair. (For more details refer to the "Shipping" section). You may set up your Career Fair booth from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m..
- Booth Size
Advertising and promotion
- Career Fair Directory
- A brief employer overview – provided during the registration process – will be available to students in a searchable online database and will be part of a printed directory (more than 1200 copies printed) distributed to students at the career fair.
- To guarantee that your organization will appear in the directory, you must register for the Fall 2015 Career Fair by September 18, 2015. There is also an option on the registration form to advertise in this directory.
- The cost is $100 and it is a 4 1/8" X 3 1/2”H (landscape oriented) color ad.
- Student Newspaper
- We will be advertising the event campus-wide via posters, flyers and emails. However, you may choose to advertise in the student newspaper.
- You may contact the daily student paper, The Daily Orange, at 315.443.2314.
- Career Guide
- Interested in other opportunities to advertise?
- Consider the 2015-2016 Career Guide, the OFFICIAL career publication of Syracuse University Career Services. With a circulation of more than 5,000 print copies and more than 10,000 online views, the Career Guide will deliver your unique recruitment message to the Syracuse University student body.
- Please contact Sue Casson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- Career Fair Directory
You are more than welcome to schedule information sessions during this week, but please be advised that there are a number of events going on and student attendance can vary day-to-day.To schedule an information session, please contact Sue Clayton at email@example.com
Shipping and returning career fair materials
- Shipped displays, literature, and give-aways for the Fall Career Fair must reach Syracuse University by Friday, September 25.
- Displays and literature received after September 25, or shipped to an address other than that listed below, may not be available for your use at the career fair.
- If you cannot ship your materials to reach Syracuse University by September 25, we recommend you bring the materials with you or have them shipped to your hotel.
Ship Materials to:
1600 Jamesville Ave
Syracuse, NY 13244-5160
- Clearly label displays and boxes with Fall 2015 Career Fair, Tuesday, September 29 and your company name.
- This information marked on the outside of your package ensures materials are delivered to the correct booth.
- Returning Displays and Materials:
- Please bring the necessary shipping forms with you. These forms must include the weight of shipment and your account number or your materials will not be picked up. Leave your materials (after they have been properly secured and labeled for shipping) on your table and they will be picked up immediately following the fair and shipped out the following day.
Two carriers provide regular pick-up and delivery service to Syracuse University:
- Federal Express
Package drop off
- Located across from Stadium Control on the media deck.
- Volunteers will be available to unload your materials and bring them to your table.
- After dropping off materials, you can park in the designated lot and catch the shuttle back up to the venue
- Package Drop Off Services - located across from Stadium Control on the media deck. (GPS Address: 900 Irving Avenue, Syracuse NY 13244)
AccomodationsBelow are hotels in the immediate area. All hotels offer shuttle service to campus.
Sheraton University Hotel and Conference Center
- 801 University Ave, Syracuse NY
- 601 South Crouse Ave, Syracuse NY
- 1060 East Genesee Street, Syracuse NY
- 713 East Genesee Street, Syracuse NY
- 701 East Genesee Street, Syracuse NY
- Coffee will be available at 10:00 a.m. in Club 4.4.
- Lunch will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Club 4.4
- Both are included in your registration fee.
To Package Drop off: (GPS Address - Carrier Dome – 900 Irving Ave, Syracuse NY 13244)
- Go to the stop sign at the corner of Henry and E. Raynor (one block).
- Take a left onto E. Raynor.
- Go to the stop sign and continue straight through to the guard shack.
- Let the guard know you are dropping materials off for the fair.
- Pass the guard shack and on the right (the media deck) will be the package drop off.
- You can then drive down to the Stadium Lot and catch a shuttle back to the Carrier Dome.
To Parking @ Stadium Lot: (GPS Address - 150 Henry Street, Syracuse, NY 13244)
- Stadium Lot will be on your left (Campus West is located directly across the street from the entrance.
- If the Stadium Lot is full, you can park in Fine lot, one block further and on the right.
- Both lots will have volunteers, signage and balloons.
- Shuttles will be running all day picking up and dropping off at the Stadium and Fine lots, as well as the Sheraton Hotel.
- Parking will be in the Stadium Lot on our West Campus. A parking permit is not needed.
- OVER FLOW LOT will be Fine lot, one block further and on the right.
- Shuttle service will be available to bring you from the parking lot(s) to the venue.
- A-frame sign and balloons will designiate lot in use.
- GPS Address - 150 Henry Street, Syracuse, NY 13244
- Parking is included in your registration fee.